Guys, I’m engaged.
I never thought it would happen
I get to marry the man I have always dreamed of. Like, I get to have him, like, forever. What. I am still in shock. Not only that, but we are having a VERY short engagement. Three months. What can I say? When ya know ya know–why wait? With that comes a lot of challenges… like getting things done in such a short amount of time. Let me show you my list.
- Get all things wedding done (Obviously)
- Get my passport (my appt is tomorrow)
- Heal from knee surgery (that was last wednesday)
- Get my dress altered (Sept. 4)
- Eat super clean to keep my body in tip top shape (Can’t work out hard until after the wedding)
- Make it through all these surgery bills (X-rays, MRI, the surgery itself, possible physical therapy, etc.)
- Pre-marital Counseling
I have already found out very quickly that I am going to struggle hard and get really overwhelmed. Why? Well, my coping mechanism is to work out. When I can’t work out how do I cope? Well, last night I sat and cried. With recovery, after a full day of work all my pain tolerance will really allow me to do, is sit. I don’t sit well. So, I cried? Yeah. I know. It’s just tough; also, not to mention that the way I keep my depression and anxiety under control is by working out. But, I keep reminding myself that I am not even one week out from surgery yet. I’m not behind in my progress, I’m doing the best that I can, etc. I am trying to think positive. I am just focusing on the fact that once all of this stress is over I will get to marry the man of my dreams. I just have to push through all this and take it day by day. If you could keep me in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.
But seriously, I’m engaged.